- Overcoming Barriers to First-Year Success: Mindfulness for Gen-Z
The transition from high-school to college is a difficult one for many first-year students. In this program, we will begin by exploring some characteristics broadly applicable to generation Z, and two common barriers to their academic success. The discussion is followed by an introduction to Mindfulness as presented to students during Inquiry 101, an integral course in the First Year Experience program at Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven, Connecticut. The workshop concludes with a 15-minute guided sitting meditation, and a gentle call to action.
- Summer Bliss Mini-Retreat
Enjoy the bliss of summer in the beautiful setting of Tower Hill Botanic Garden during this mini-retreat. Together with co-leader Julie Crantz, we will guide you on an enriching sensory experience leaving you feeling refreshed and revitalized. This retreat will feature a gentle, cooling yoga practice, a mindful garden ramble, music, expressive arts, and Yoga Nidra, a deeply restorative, healing form of meditative yoga. We will also take time to savor a sweet treat and celebrate this opportunity for connection and self-care.
Additional information and workshop registration will be available at: https://www.towerhillbg.org/health-and-wellness/
- Forest Bathing (Shinrin Yoku)
- Canvas Meditation
Cost: $35 per person. Seats are limited. Pre-registration is required.
- Introduction to Mindfulness.
- Introduction to Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR).
The event is free for any NEHA member and $25 per attendee for non-members. See NEHA website for more details.
- Going with the Flow: A fabulously creative Pour Art workshop.
- Self-compassion through Mindfulness.
This one hour mashup of Mindfulness practices will focus on the liberation and renewal that exists in the present moment. It will be a time to consider the power of forgiveness, toward ourselves and others.
- An hour of Mindfulness. January 15, 2020 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm at the Touchstone School, Litchfield, Connecticut.
- Connect and Refresh: A Restorative Mini-Retreat. February 1, 2020 9:30 am - 12:30 pm at the Tower Hill Botanical Gardens, Boylston Massachusetts.